WHAT IS THE BUCKEYE PREMIER YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE?
The Buckeye Premier Youth Soccer League, or as it is more commonly called, “Buckeye Premier”, is a top level, nationally recognized, youth soccer league based in central and southern Ohio. Buckeye Premier is a proud member of the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association and US Youth Soccer.
Started in the early 1980’s, the league has grown from an initial group of just 8 high school age boys teams, (as of Spring 2009), to over 300 boys and girls teams ages U-11 through U-19. The clubs and teams that participate in Buckeye Premier have won an overwhelming number of Ohio South State Cup Championships and State Cup Championships in other state associations.
The league is open to all teams in Ohio South as well as other nearby state associations. Teams are accepted based upon the individual team’s past performance, including prior league play, tournament play, State Cup success, and the level of participation by the team’s players in ODP. Currently, the league consists of teams from Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia as well as Ohio South. The majority of league games are played in Cincinnati, Dayton or Columbus
Governed by a board of directors consisting of club Directors of Coaches and leading League Administrators, the league is focused on allowing teams and clubs the greatest possible latitude in using the their club’s directors and their club’s coaches with their unequaled experience and expertise to develop youth soccer players to their highest potential.
The Buckeye Premier Board of Directors believes there are five key components to this philosophy:
- Provide the opportunity for participating teams to play in multiple leagues without interference, restriction or penalty for doing so, (provided the Buckeye Premier games are played).
- Provide liberal league rules for transferring of players within a club, guest playing within a club for league games and accommodating tournament play through flexible league scheduling.
- Coaches schedule their own games; U-11’s thru U-14’s during the Fall and Spring seasons and U-15 through U-19 teams during November and December and through the Spring season. By allowing coaches to schedule and to re-schedule games amongst themselves, (within the league’s guidelines), coaches can tailor their game schedule as it best suits their player’s needs.
- The league embraces cutting edge technology for player registration, printing of player & coach passes and game schedule management with game result reporting. Managed by paid staff members, coaches find that they spend less time dealing with paperwork and more time doing what they do best, coaching and developing players.
- The league takes much of the administrative burden from the teams and clubs by renting the required game fields and by scheduling all of referees needed for league play.
The Buckeye Premier Youth Soccer League strives to be the best league it can for whom this league exists – the players.